Style2




Sometimes movies can make me feel really stupid, simply because I don't feel like I understand them. This is also really the case with this movie. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good watch but at the same time I really don't see or understand what it is exactly trying to do or say.

I don't get the movie its symbolism and messages but even despite that the movie remains a good and interesting one to watch. Yet at the same time I'm also still constantly thinking; why are you showing me all of this and what are you trying to tell with your story and certain moments. Not to sound too disrespectful but it's a quite pointless movie, since I got nothing out of it and in my opinion also is a movie you can very easily do without.

It's one of those movies that seems to be a random slice of life. I can really like these kind of movies, if they tell an intriguing enough story. And I wouldn't exactly call this movie a very involving one, mainly since it isn't always going anywhere with its story. It's still interesting to see the characters do their things and interacting with each other but I only did wish that sometimes the movie would have a more clear point to all of it.

Technically I can't say anything bad about this movie. It's obviously capably directed by Jean-Luc Godard and the movie has good, atmospheric black & white camera-work, like you would expect from a French genre movie of the '60's.

If this movie sounds like it's right up your alley, by all means go and watch it but to me most people this movie will still be a bit of a pointless watch. No not bad, just redundant.

7/10

Watch trailer

About Frank Veenstra

Watches movies...writes about them...and that's it for now.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Post a Comment


Top