Style2






(Review originally written at 21 January 2005)

I never really liked watching Popeye, not even as a kid. However I've always enjoyed watching this 16 minutes long Popeye adventure, I've watched it many times and it still hasn't lost any of its power.
 
I think the reason why I like this cartoon so much is because of the story. It really reminds me of an adventure from the Greek Odyssey by Homer, I always enjoyed watching cartoons and life action movies about the Odyssey when I was a kid.

The animations are not bad, especially not the backgrounds and those for the giant bird, which also happens to be my favorite part of the movie.

There are some spectacular moments and I still think that this movie is very watchable for children these days even though the cartoon is almost 70 years old(!).
 
9/10

About Frank Veenstra

Watches movies...writes about them...and that's it for now.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Post a Comment


Top