Style2






(Review originally written at 22 June 2003)

...yep, it's a guy movie all right.

"The Fast and the Furious" is the movie that made street racing popular (at least here in The Netherlands it did) But is it good movie? I think not, i found it pretty disappointing, maybe it was because I set my expectations for it too high.

The movie is nothing more then a remake of "Point Break" with cars, set in the 00's and is aimed at the teenage viewers. The story is pretty simple and to be honest I didn't liked it, I wanted to see more racing instead of focusing on the undercover mission of Brian. So basically I'm saying that the movie would have been better if it didn't had a story at all!

The characters and the atmosphere can be described as "cool". I actually like the acting in this one and I'm one of the few people who thinks that Vin Diesel is actually a pretty talented actor that just wastes his talent by playing only cool macho guys. Watch "Saving Private Ryan" to understand what I'm talking about. And Ja Rule actually acts better then he sings, but I don't know if that's a compliment.

The car scene's are all right but it didn't gave me the adrenaline rush I wanted and the were to little race scene's for my taste. The movie does have it's moments, but overall it's disappointing.

All in all only watchable if you like cool cars and fast racing. I just hope that the second one will be better.

4/10

Watch trailer

About Frank Veenstra

Watches movies...writes about them...and that's it for now.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments:

Post a Comment


Top